Zoe's Life and Loves

This is the blog of Zoe,a black and tan miniature dachshund. She began her life with a family who surrendered her to the SPCA where I got her soon before her 2nd birthday. She has been a perfect pet since :).

Sunday, August 06, 2006

My birthday weekend

Well, Mommy says I am now legal! I don't know what that means but I heard her blab something about me being 21 in human years now and only 3 in doggie years. Friday was my birthday and I had a great surprise! Grandma and Grandpa came to visit! I stayed with them for a week in June when Mommy and Daddy were on vacation and Grandpa and I really bonded. He took me to work with him and played with me and spent tons of time with me. I slept snuggled close to Grandma and love her a lot too. So, imagine my surprise when I see them at the door of my house! I was so excited I tinkled 5 times! Daddy had to pick me up and put me outside to go potty but I kept trying to go back and say hi to them. Eventually Daddy held my bum down until I went potty and then let me back inside. I have never peed that much out of excitement before. Once I got back inside to see them, I got tons of kisses, licking, and belly rubs in! Mommy also gave me my first bully stick. She was telling Grandma and Grandpa that it is bull penis. I don't think they were impressed, but boy did I like it! I also got a new toy which I have now fallen in love with. Mommy calls it Bobo and I have seen him in a Petsmart commercial before. Bobo is about the same length as I am. I like to drag him around the house, play with his squeaker, and snuggle with him when I sleep.


Then, to continue my birthday celebration, tonight, we went to my favorite restaurant! It is the same place I went for my Gotcha Day but this time, my friend Elmo came too! He is a deaf dachshund puppy who is part of our local meetup group. Mommy had some other friends come too. I had a lot of fun walking back and forth on everyone's laps!

Overall, it was a good birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home